Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Saturday Afternoon Post

In the ever plodding process of my catharsis I have decided to check in, as it were, on the Padgett blog this saturday late afternoon. The good news is that it is not as much of a burden as a daily compulsion. You, dear reader, are unfortunate enough to read this shit. The morning began with a shot, literally as someone decided to crack one off at the ass crack of dawn, so I crawled my ass off the couch and decided 7 am was late enough to sleep in and the day should begin. The bad news is the bars dont open until noon so I had to kill 4-5 hours until my daily ablution. No worries, as I was able to while away the hours with a booktv marathon, four chapters of a good novel and a carafe of coffee.

The bars of Mercer street have a multitude of quasi-psychotic personalities. And thank god for that. The number of story ideas I have collected over the past weeks should keep me busy until rapture. Somewhere around my 4th pint, and desperately trying to ignore the dog that keeps humping my leg, I came to a conclusion. It may be in my best interest to eat. Bread, cheese, chicken and rice and water. Brunch of champions! Then back to a late afternoon nightcap before the Mariners game. I honestly dont think you could diagram a better saturday, well maybe minus the dog hump.

The evening should provide interest as well as mariners fans, like their beloved city, tend to be wildly optimistic. And I love wild optimism bordering on denial. Who's to say though. Maybe they can win more than 62 games this year. The good news is that hockey playoffs start soon, the weather is getting warmer and my beer is getting cold. Good evening dear people. Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment