Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Downtown observations

Saw something last week absolutely fascinating. Now this is going to come off bizarre, but anyone who knows me can offer a better explanation than myself. Pulling up to a bus stop on 2nd and Seneca I noticed a man dressed all in yellow communicating with another gentleman via ASL. The difference was the yellow clad man was holding the other man's hands. This is when it dawned on me that he was deaf/blind.

Now, as humans on this planet we all have our problems but damn man. Here is a man that cannot see OR hear, yet is smiling while navigating the bus system in downtown Seattle. You, yes you reader, can NEVER have a bad day.

I was so transfixed by this heart warming action that I forgot to move over and give the man my seat. Needless to say i got some dirty looks. Hey people, it wasnt disrespect, I was just engrossed and fascinated. Sorry. My bad. Yellow man sat down and promptly pulled out his BRAILE readers digest. Immediately flipped to his save page and began reading. Damn I wish I could have had a conversation with that man. Talk about stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment