Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bones of the Moon by Jonathan Carroll

The best drugs must be in Austria, either because Carroll lives there or moved there. Everything the man writes reads like something that would give his namesake shivers and a smile. Maybe its all in a last name, eh. Alternate dream realities, talking animals and a healthy, if somewhat optimistically hallucinogenic, take on the afterlife. Written in first person female protagonist style. Better him than me; I am lost with the female voice, both in the spoken and written form. Maybe a female friend of mine can tell me if he got it right. I would like to think so because I enjoyed the novel so, but fucked if I could tell you authenticity. Wait for the ending though, you always see it coming with Carroll but are still surprised when you turn the last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment