Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A kind gesture in an angry world.

While serving a man today, triple mocha no whip, I noticed that he was reading Anthony Kiedis' biography "Scar Tissue" and being a fan of the Chili Peppers I had to ask.
"So how is it"
"Not bad, Kiedas is an interesting guy. He really loves his women"
"Women as in plural right"
"Oh yeah, lots of plural. Plus about every 75 pages he is battling another addiction."
"Interesting. I may have to check that out"


The dude leaves, I didnt even get his name, and I go back to coffee central. An hour later here he comes and as I plan on his refill he gently smiles and says "Hey man, just finished the book, its all yours. Enjoy."

Its funny how the simple kindness of someone can brighten your day. Needless to say, I am starting the book this evening. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment