Monday, March 28, 2011

...and now for something completely different.....

Well folks, I have had some strange mornings in my 35 odd years but today was a first. Came across a dead homeless dude at Seattle Center at 4:03 in the AM. Odd thing is, I was not completely surprised and dude seemed at peace. Maybe it was his time. The Seattle Center Security dude that pulled up took a quick statement, that didnt include my name, and bid me farewell. Well not exactly farewell, more like later man. 45 minutes later I am making my first Latte of the morning. Does this put things into perspective or am I just an odd man that finds odd shit. Maybe I was a defunct prospector in my previous life. Who knows?

So what does bother me is that there is a good chance that no one but myself and an over caffeinated security guard will know that this man, maybe in his early 50's, punched his ticket this March 28th. I will certainly check the paper and maybe even watch a bit of the evening news but my experience tells me that a dead homeless man is not news worthy. We have to give Charlie Sheen his air time right!

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment